Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Nothing but SADD in NYC! (as told in the EOT focus)








Hey guys!

I recently wrote an article for the EOT focus recapping my trip to New York City with my SADD National     Student Leadership Council.

I had such a phenomenal time! Lot's of hard work, and play. Enjoy the pictures as they tell a great story.

This weekend I will be heading to Washington D.C. to work on some pageant preparation for Miss Minnesota. I can't wait!

Much love,
Paige

Hello Perham, 
        Wow! I feel as though I’ve been around the world and back in the last few weeks. I am so excited to tell all of you about my trip to New York City. I work closely with an organization called Students Against Destructive Decisions, serving on at the National level on the Student Leadership Council. With this wonderful position, fabulous opportunities have been gained. One of these opportunities took place last weekend as I spent time in NYC. 
        I arrived in New York City on Thursday afternoon and was greeted by the Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD) Student Leadership Council and the SADD National staff.  We immediately started our meeting at suppertime in our wonderful hotel discussing our schedule for and ending the evening in the vibrant, ever famous, Times Square. Friday my council, staff, and I spent the day with the National Road Safety Foundation working on a video contest project to be revealed in the beginning of March. Friday evening we spent time relaxing at a local Mexican restaurant, and experiencing the best chocolate in NY. Saturday we were able to spend more time in the heart of the city. We enjoyed lunch at Planet Hollywood, and witnessed the 10,000th show of “The Phantom of the Opera.” We also spent some time discussing the National SADD Conference and making further preparations. Sunday was followed by more reflections and of course flights home. It felt incredible to get back to my campus in Jamestown and think about the memories made on this trip to New York City. 
        If you have never been to New York City I highly encourage you to do so. If NYC is out of reach for you consider a little fun family adventure. I also want to thank everyone for their wonderful support to the Johnson family last week at the Wild Goose. I am continually amazed by the love in our community! This weekend I will be heading to Washington D.C. to work on some preparations for the Miss Minnesota Pageant in June. Have an incredible week

No comments:

Post a Comment