Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Update:) and the Lessons of Learning

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give you a quick update. All is well in Jamestown. I'm staying very busy with my 19 credit semester and preparations for Miss Minnesota. This weekend I will be on my way to Coon Rapids to represent Perham as visiting royalty. I'm very excited to spend time with my royal sisters. 

Next week I will be traveling to New York City for my meeting with the National SADD Student Leadership Council. I'm really excited to spend time in the Big Apple! It's been two years since I was there, it's going to be a great reunion! I'll be sure to keep you guys posted as to how things go these next few weeks. 

Loving the lesson of the article this week. :) Check it out. 

Blessings, 
Paige 



Hello friends,
            Oh my goodness, we practically said hello and goodbye to January 2012. I hope you had a fabulous start to the New Year.  With the month of February comes Valentine’s Day, even more exciting high school basketball games, I love to read month, and the Freeze Your Face 5-K.  February is going to be a very exciting and busy time for me as I will be traveling to New York City and Washington D.C. in two consecutive weekends, not to mention ending February with mid-terms. The busy life is challenging, but very rewarding. 
            I have to share a story from this past week. Being a music education major can be quite a challenge at times. Don’t get me wrong challenges help you learn, but I also grasped a valuable lesson this past week while completing an ear training dictation assignment; patience in the key to learning. I admit to not always having patience while studying. I often want to understand every concept right now. However, I am discovering the importance for patience in the learning process. We have our entire lives to continue learning, why not make it wonderful? In the celebration of learning, I want to encourage parents to do an at-home activity with their children for Valentine’s Day. Maybe it’s setting a side a weekend to make cookies, emphasizing the importance of math in measuring, and patience while the cookies bake. Maybe it’s making Valentine’s Day cards for the grandparents and teaching your child how to send a letter. Get creative! These are just ideas. Encourage the learning process in your home and happy learning!
            I’m heading to the Cities this weekend to represent Perham at the Miss Coon Rapids Scholarship Program. I will be cheering for several young women competing for the title. I’ll be sure to spread the joy of Perham in Coon Rapids. So excited to be in the community this weekend. I’ve missed it! Blessings to you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment