Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Days in Frazee, 1st Annual Meyer Family "Jump in the Lake 5K," and the Turtle Races




Well guys, my last few weeks as Miss Perham have been going with a bang!

Last weekend I spent some time  in Frazee to cheer on the local ladies competing for the title of Miss Frazee and Miss Frazee's Outstanding Teen. The beautiful eight young ladies who competed were excellent representatives of their community. I sure enjoyed watching their talents and hearing them speak about their personal platforms. it's always such a wonderful experience. Congrats to Miss Frazee 2010 Emily Kallis for doing a wonderful job MCing the show. Congrats also to the new Miss Frazee Rebecca and her outstanding teen sister Becca. You will both do a wonderful job!

My first appearance as Miss Perham was the Frazee Pageant and the Turkey Days Parade. Once again on Sunday I rode the streets of Frazee from the top of the Perham Express. It was so nice to see some local faces at the parade. The community of Frazee has always been so supportive of my life in pageants. I am so thankful for them. It was a bit bittersweet to ride the Perham Express one last time as Miss Perham.

My Dad's side of the family is in town! His five siblings and all of their children have had tons of time to be at the lake. I sure have enjoyed their company this past week. We even started a new tradition the Meyer Family "Jump in the Lake 5K." I have been wanting to do a 5K for about two years now and am so happy to say I did it!! To do it for the first time with my family was such an inspiring experience. It was great! My goal was to complete the race in less than 30 minutes...I did it with a time of 27:01! I have no idea how great that time is, but it will work for  me. My jump in the lake was probably my best yet as well. If you have never challenged yourself to a 5K give it a shot!

After my 5K race I made my way to Perham to congratulate the Turtle Race heat winners! We had 40 plus racers today. The beautiful morning sure did add to the wonder of the entire day. I love seeing how many people come from all over to participate in the International Turtle Races.

Well guys, the countdown is on just 9 more days as your Miss Perham.

Much love,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment