Wednesday, October 12, 2011

EOT Article. "Do what you love."


Hello everyone!
            This weeks article comes to you live from the Jamestown College Jimmie Java Hut as I sip my coffee and enjoy a time of relaxation. In the midst of our busy lives, I hope you find moments to take a minute just for you.  Having these moments allow us to reflect and cherish the “little” things in life.  I hope one of my “little” moments from this week stirs some thought.
I am an active member of an organization called “Students Against Destructive Decisions,” which focuses on the importance of educating students about good decision making for the betterment of their future. As a member of the Student Leadership Council of SADD National, I share my desires and concerns for people my age. I recently took part in a conference call discussing how to prevent underage drinking. All of us partaking in the call came to agree that teens need to start doing things they love so alcohol doesn’t become their love.
My point in sharing is that I hope you know what you love to do. I hope you know what brings you joy, what brings you satisfaction, what brings you encouragement, and that you let nothing pull you from it. I am ever so thankful for the activities, opportunities, and people who bring me joy each day. May you encourage those around you to do what they love. This will help them make decisions that will positively affect their future. May teens be inspired by how they can contribute to society with the gifts and abilities they have been given. Let’s all work together to avoid the dangers of destructive decision-making and do what we love.
Blessings to you throughout this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment