Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Children's Miracle Network Fundraiser, Spending Time with 5th and 6th graders at PWMNS








Hello everyone!

My goodness it is 2012 and I am so excited to tell you about the way I've been kicking it off as Miss Perham.

Part of my job as Miss Perham is dedicated to raising funds and awareness for the Children's Miracle Network. The wonderful Pizza Ranch of Perham helped me with this very task on January 2nd! As customers came to eat at the Pizza Ranch on Monday evening, 25% of the sales went straight to the Children's Miracle Network. I'm excited to say I raised $320.00, with sales and tips for CMN. A deep thank you to everyone who came to spend the evening with me! I really appreciate your support.

This morning I was up at 7 am to prepare myself for a morning with 5th and 6th graders to chat about not smoking. I presented to each grade, about 100 at a time. They were a very fun group and I could tell they were excited to be back at school after Christmas break!

Going into schools and speaking with kids gets me so excited about my career. Being in front of children and seeing them engaged is so inspiring. I can't wait to be in a classroom someday. This Miss America Organization has given me so many tools to improve my talents, skills, and abilities. Not only has it opened doors, but given me the opportunity to serve my community that I love.

Good luck to Natalie Davis, our Miss Minnesota as she heads to the Miss America Pageant tomorrow morning. I'm excited to see what she has in store for us! Best wishes Natalie and Happy Birthday!

Much love,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment