Sunday, January 22, 2012

EOT article. The crowing of Miss America!


Greetings Perham!
            What an exciting weekend it was for America last Saturday. For all of you who didn’t have the opportunity to catch Miss America Live on ABC I’ll fill you in. Wisconsin’s 23 year old, Laura Kaeppeler was crowned as the 91st Miss America! 52 beautiful and talented young women competed for the title and I’m happy to say the Midwest was well represented. I’m thrilled to see the new perspectives and dynamics Laura will bring to our country during her year of service.
            With the recent crowning of Miss America I find it a perfect time to explain the journey that I myselft, as Miss Perham, am on. The Miss America Organization was created over 90 years ago for young women to earn scholarship money to pursue their education goals.  The journey to Miss America is a three-fold process. Each state has local programs in which young women between the ages of 17 and 24 compete. If she wins a local title she then competes at her state level. If she is crowned in her state she then competes for the title of Miss America.  This June I will continue my journey as I compete for the title of Miss Minnesota. If crowned, I will head to Las Vegas to compete for Miss America. The Miss Perham Scholarship Organization is a fabulous opportunity for young women who live in Perham to begin a journey to their dreams. I am forever thankful for the doors it has opened. My hope is that our community will continue to support the young women crowned as Miss Perham.
            May the warm weather continue to speed up the winter. Much love and many blessings from Jamestown, ND to my family and friends in Perham!

No comments:

Post a Comment