Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Overwhelming Needs of Our World (EOT Article)


Hello Perham,
            Life is back to crazy-hectic, but still good, now that I’m back at school. However, it’s great to get into the swing of things again! I had such a fabulous time while I was home in Perham. So often we need to take a break every once in a while to keep our sanity. I can honestly say I recovered from the demands of first semester and am now in the midst of another. I know I’ve said it many times before, but time is flying faster than ever! I think the warm weather has definitely helped things moved along quite quickly. I am so thankful for the little snow we have had and the stunningly beautiful weather the start of January has brought.
            While I was home I caught up, visited, and saw many people. One conversation stands out in particular, one I had with a wonderful young woman from my church, who recently went to Africa on a medical mission. She shared many stories of her trip and how the people she encountered changed her appreciation for simple everyday life. After listening, my though for this weeks article came to mind. Often times the needs of our world can become overwhelming and almost seemingly impossible to fix. However, we all have a special talent, desire, love, or idea that we can take and run with. Not run away with, or run away to hide, but to run with our gifts towards contributing to the needs of our world. The task can be small, medium, or large. This outlook enlightened me to discover my small contribution to the needs of our world. I’m still discovering. Are you?
            As the week continues may you be inspired to find how you can contribute to the needs of our world, just as the young lady I shared coffee with. My hope is that you will. It’s a perfect time to find it, in the second week of 2012. If you haven’t had the opportunity to visit my blog please do. You can at missperham2011.blogspot.com. Hear about the 600 children I spoke with about “It’s No Joke, Say NO to Smoke,” and more. Blessings my friends.

Much love, 
Paige  

No comments:

Post a Comment