Saturday, March 24, 2012

The exciting experiences with NL SADD and North Dakota Music Educators! Association

Hello readers,

Here is a quick update with what has been going on in my life the last few weeks. It's been quite busy, but the experiences I have had are worth noting.

Last weekend I spent a day in Grand Forks co-leading the Northern Lights SADD Advisory Board Training for over 20 candidates. I was able to share my lessons leaned while I represented NL SADD in 2010-2011. I lead the group in ice breaker activities and facilitated much of the afternoon I had with them. I enjoyed spending some time with friends from NL SADD and making new ones.

For the past three days I was in Bismarck, ND at the North Dakota Music Educators Association Conference with my fellow music ed friends. We spent the weekend attending seminars focusing on teaching techniques, experiences, strategies, and tools. I learned so many new valuable things and I appreciate being submerged in a world of music people who have the same desire I do; to teach music. I heard wonderful concerts presented by colleges, and high school students alike.

Next weekend is girl talk, I can't wait!

Here is my EOT article of the week!
Much love,
Paige
Greetings Perham, 
        I am so thrilled the weather is getting warmer. The spring is such a wonderful time of the year after such a long weather. I do have to admit our winter this year was phenomenal compared to others in the past. However, it’s always nice to see the season change once again. And spring also means state basketball. Congratulations to our boys team on their journey to State, once again! 
        Last weekend I traveled to Grand Forks, ND to help lead the Northern Lights SADD Advisory Board Training. I served on this board two years ago and had a wonderful experience. The training consisted of team building and leadership activities for the 24 candidates campaigning to represent SADD in the tri-state region of Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota. The students I met were all very passionate about serving and encouraging others to make constructive decisions. As I drove back to Jamestown on Saturday evening I reflected upon my time on the NLAB. I was encouraged by the thought of just two years prier I was there myself and was now able to uplift and teach the current candidates. 
        The Jamestown College Concert Choir recently had their home concert in Jamestown at the Basilica. In March of 2011, I went to the JC Choir concert as they were concluding their tour. I sat alone in the back of the Basilica knowing I would become a part of the choir one day. In March of 2012 I know had a different view of the concert, a view of the audience instead of the choir. I smiled at the thought and how much growth had taken place in the past year as I sang. 
        As each year and day passes, we all grow as people, individuals, communities, states, and as a nation. During the growth we learn about ourselves, the people we love, and how we can further serve. This week, think about the places you’ve been, where you are now, and how it has made you the person you are today. I hope you can smile, just like I did this past week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment