Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sturgis, South Dakota

I must be honest, I was a bit nervous before arriving in Sturgis for our fourth concert. Luckily, my time there exceeded my preconceived thoughts and worries.

We arrived at the Presbyterian Church in Sturgis right on time. We spent an hour going over our music, or as our director stated, "finishing the sound with 400 level sand paper." After our rehearsal we once again were blessed with a wonderful meal provided by the church members.

The concert went well, and I must add one of the most inspiring for me, with Wichita following close behind. Each concert, however, has held a special and specific place in my heart.

My roommate and I, along with my wonderful friend and upper classmen Caroline, were greeted by our host family.We had a fabulos stay. Our host family shared several stories, many of which came from the fellow man who was a police officer and how they raised their family. I also learned my host (the police officer) worked with DARE, a program very similar to SADD. We also spent time talking about relative problems with today's youth. I admired his mission to help the youth in our society restrain from drugs and alcohol.We also shared experiences with loved ones who had suffered from the effects of smoking. This host family was phenomenal in so many ways.:)

This morning we spent time at Mount Rushmore. The weather was beautiful. The suns rays felt lovely on our white North Dakota skin. The black hills filled with rocks and trees were stunning.I can't even do justice to describing the beauty. Tonight we will have our concert on Hettinger, ND.

Blessings,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment