Sunday, March 25, 2012

NDMEA Conference highlighted in the EOT Focus :)


Greetings Perham,
            Congratulations to the boy’s basketball team for taking 3rd at the State Tournament. I was so bummed I wasn’t able to be in the middle of the action, but I was being fed updates through the world of text messages. I’m so happy for the team and our community for another great experience!
            It’s now almost the beginning of April, which means more warm weather, and we are just a few short months of away from summer. I hope you have some ideas planned for April Fools day. I’m still trying to dream up something hilarious for some of my college friends. Hopefully, my creative side kicks in fast for that one! I’ve seen some great April Fools day pranks in my day.
            Last weekend I attended the North Dakota Music Educators Association conference, which is held in conjunction with the North Dakota All-State competition. The conference involves intelligent presenters in the field of music education and showcases the most talented music students from the state of North Dakota. As a collegiate member of NDMEA I was encouraged to attend the conference, workshops presented, and listen to wonderfully accomplished choirs, orchestras, and bands. It was a very enlightening experience as I heard from individuals who have been in the field of music education for many, many years. It was also very inspiring and uplifting to hear how they had overcome challenges, what they have learned to work best, and the students they have touched. I’m very excited to be a music educator one day.
            This weekend I will be in the Twin Cities at the Miss Minnesota workshop. I’m looking forward to receiving more information to pass on to you. Last week I submitted my paperwork to the state of Minnesota. We are getting so close to June 14th through the 16th. It will be here before I know it. Blessings to you this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment