Monday, April 2, 2012

Miss Minnesota Workshop and Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen Pageant!





Hello readers,

This weekend I spent some time in Minneapolis with 21 wonderful young ladies who are competing for the title of Miss Minnesota. We enjoyed a lovely morning and afternoon choosing our contestant order, finding out our roommates for Miss MN week, and enjoyed a phenomenal presentation by Don Baker.

I'm excited to share that I am the 11th contestant in the line-up for Miss Minnesota. I will be the last young woman in the 1-11 contestant category, making me the last person to perform talent and compete in evening gown on the Miss Minnesota stage! I am so thrilled to be on the stage. I also discovered my roommate for the week of Miss Minnesota will be the lovely, Bethany Beniek. She and I were sister queens back in 2010. The fact that our names were drawn together was super fun!

I can now say all of my paperwork has been turned into the state of Minnesota. I am so looking forward to the week of Miss Minnesota and all of the exciting adventures it is going to bring. I'll be sure to continue sharing more details as the time gets closer.

Not only was workshop quite exciting, but the highlight of my weekend was watching my good friend, Bailey Wacholz, become crowned Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen 2012. I met Bailey in 2010 when she and I competed for Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen. She and I were 2nd and 1st "losers" as we call it. :) We only mean good by it. From that day our friendship has grown. Bailey has worked so hard to be where she is today. She is the perfect testimony of relying and waiting on God's perfect plans and how the Miss America Organization allows young women to achieve their dreams! I am so thrilled for her and can't wait to watch her on the Miss America's Outstanding Teen stage. Bailey is one of the most inspirational young women I know. Love you, Bailey!

Before coming back to school I met with my wonderful dance instructor Robin Rautus to put the finishing touches on my Miss MN talent piece. I was thrilled to see her and be in the dane studio again. Robin reminded me that the Academy of Classical Ballet was celebrating their 10th anniversary on April 1st. She was so excited I was there that day. It was bittersweet. :) It has now been 10 years since I started my ballet career. :)

Much love,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment