Sunday, April 15, 2012

"What kind of life is one that is easy?" EOT article.

Greetings Perham,
            April showers do in fact bring May flowers. The Jamestown College campus is sure starting to look green. Even though it was only a few weeks since I was in Perham I bet the grass is starting to look a bit greener.  I get more and more tempted to be outside as the weather gets warmer. My friends and I at college have even begun to bring our homework to the lawns of campus.
            I don’t want to sound too eager to be finished with my first year of school, but I now have 7 more days of class and one week of final exams to go. I am appreciating the last few days of time with my friends, dorm life, classes, and my time in Jamestown. In the midst of these last few frantic weeks I am often tempted by thoughts of why l have such a busy life. However, another thought occurred to me over this past week when I was wishing for a less hectic and demanding schedule. There are many different paths in life. We all have the luxury of choosing where we go to college, what kind of job we want to have, who we marry, how many kids we have, and where we live. We also have the luxury of becoming involved in different organizations, councils, and churches. However, all of these wonderful things take time and energy to commit too. When tempted with the thought to simplify my life and make it “easier” I was then reminded of how important challenges are. By challenges, I mean experiences that demand more of what we think we can handle, uncomfortable situations, and people who challenge what we believe we are all about. I thought to myself “What kind of life is one that is easy?” Yes, an “easy” life would be nice. One where we could take a vacation whenever we please, choose not to get up to go to work early, choose to have your kids make supper on their own, and be in situations where we don’t have to challenge ourselves. Sometimes that life may seem like “the life,” but at the end of the day how would we grow as individuals without challenges.
            I hope you are encouraged and are excited to continue finishing all the projects and daily life demands you may have. Enjoy your week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment