Sunday, April 8, 2012

EOT Article featuring "Miss MN workshop and the coming of Easter"


Greetings,
            Last weekend was a very exciting as I traveled to Eden Prairie for the Miss Minnesota workshop experience. After returning home on Friday from school I made my way to the Cities with my wonderful Mom, and pageant directors Candice Doll and Gina Cavanagh. My aunt and uncle thankfully opened their home for us so we could make it to the workshop by 9:30 a.m. on Saturday morning.
            The workshop was filled with very exciting news, and presentations a few of which I’m thrilled to share. I was able to choose my contestant order. I will be lucky contestant number 11. With 22 girls running for the title of Miss Minnesota I will be placed in exactly the middle of the competition and the last of my categorized group of contestants 1-11. I am excited to say I will be the last young woman to perform her talent at Miss Minnesota. I can’t wait. I also learned my roommate for the week will be one of my fellow friends and former sister queens, Bethany. More details about appearances and experiences will be delivered throughout the next few weeks. I will be sure to keep all of you posted on how details are coming along the next few weeks. I also was able to meet with my wonderful dance instructor at the Academy of Classical Ballet to further work on my talent piece “Via Dolorosa.”
            This weekend I will be returning to Perham to celebrate Easter with my family and friends in the community. It will be the perfect break from school before ending my first year of college. I will be finished the first week of May, which will be perfect timing to further prepare for Miss Minnesota. My hope is that I cross paths with many of you as we celebrate this Easter season over the weekend. Blessings.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment