Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" EOT Article



Greetings Perham,
            I decided to count the days until I leave for Miss Minnesota. There are only 45 days that separate me from check-in for Miss Minnesota week. My goodness! I still have a lot of final touches to bring to the table, but I am surely excited! I will let you all in on a little secret. The dress, has been found…and that’s all I can say! It’s going to be a wonderful week and I can’t wait to experience it.
            This little though has been on my mind and I am thrilled to share it. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” This statement, by Theodore Roosevelt, came across my path when I was in New York City this past February. I know I’ve shared a lot about how close I am to finishing my first year of college, but this thought has been on my mind the last few weeks. As eager as I am to finish, as well as my great friends, we are striving to appreciate the time we have left to spend together in Jamestown. Do we sometimes fail, absolutely. In all walks of life we can often be tempted to say things such as “I can’t wait until, I’ll do it later, I’ll make better decisions when I feel like it, and I’ll do something great someday…” Just like I talked about thriving on a busy schedule last week, we all are challenged to be content with where we are in life. This “where we are” can be anything from where we live, to the job we have, the school we attend, the friends in our lives, the families we have, and the struggles we work to overcome. This thought can be a real challenge when we are excited about a next step in our lives, or can’t wait to finish the chapter that is open now. I’m afraid I will loose too much time if I stew too long on what is coming next. Be sure to take time and enjoy today!
            I wish nothing but a wonderful week. Be sure to have supper outside this week or weekend on your deck and enjoy the beautiful sunshine. I’m looking forward to the season of grilled foods, summer fruit, and ice cold water. Yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment