Friday, April 13, 2012

EOT article featuring Easter vacation. :)



Greetings Perham friends,
        Thank you for saying yes to the teachers, staff, and students enrolled in Perham Schools! I was so thrilled to find out last week that Perham had decided to support the levy referendum we have been working to establish for the betterment of our community. I am thankful for the support and commitment families, couples, and individuals have made to our schools and I am confident students will strive for their best and thrive doing so for years to come. 
        I hope you all have recovered from your sugar rush after enjoying your candy from the Easter Bunny. I had a lovely basket waiting for me Easter morning filled with chocolate and treats for me to bring back to college. I enjoyed my four day get-away from school to enjoy time with friends and family. I was able to enjoy down time with my siblings, my church family, and occasional naps, and shopping trips. I now have three weeks of class and one week of final exams to complete my first year of college in Jamestown. I am eager to finish so I can return home to work, continue with Miss Minnesota preparations, make appearances at the turtle races, and be in the presence of our wonderful community. 
        When I asked my brother Mick what I should base my Miss Perham article on this week he immediately replied “Me!” Since I’ve covered him as a topic in the past I decided to focus on “Cherishing the Memories.” With every holiday comes traditions, and memories of which continue to make us smile throughout the years. One memory in particular, which was vivid on Easter weekend, was coloring Easter eggs with my family. This was not my only memory, but it was fun to think and remember when I was a “kid” and found so much magic in the Easter Bunny. My hope is that you and your family enjoyed familiar traditions this Easter season, and made new memories to smile and reflect on. Memories are one of the biggest blessings we have to remembering loved ones once they have left us, different seasons we have in life, and the innocence we had a children. Be sure to always cherish your memories. Have a wonderful week creating your memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment