Thursday, July 19, 2012

Miss Perham...a busy 24-7 job!




Greetings readers,

So good to be back here once again! I am eager to share we now have five ladies competing for Miss Perham 2012. Each and every one of them will bring something so unique to our local stage. Even though my year of service is almost completed I am confident my journey in the Miss America Organization will continue. It has been a bit bittersweet to start working on my farewell. I have so many incredible people in my life. Miss Perham, Miss Heart of the Lakes and the first ever Miss Perham's Outstanding Teen will be crowned on August 10th, 2012 at the Perham High School Auditorium. Hope to see you there! The show will begin right at 7 o'clock.

Wednesday I was present at the Turtle Races in Perham. I stood proudly in the rain the entire morning as 317 people came to race their turtles. Luckily, Dan from the chamber, let me where his dark green 2XL sweater. Not to mention, with a huge turtle on the front. It was hilarious! I think I could have worn it as a cocktail dress. Good times!

I have a "funny" as I like to call it from this week. I love my job at Productive Alternatives. There sure never is a dull moment. On Monday I had a client approach me about my name being in the paper. As I weekly columnist I thought this individual was confusing "my appearance at the EOT Fair" with an article I had written. However, much to my surprise I was scheduled to sing the National Anthem at the fair promptly at 11:15 a.m. I will be honest, I am 99% sure I didn't know about it. However, the joy about living in a small community is that you know who to call. I spoke with the EOT Fair board and indeed they were excited to have me share the National Anthem. Wow! Talk about a busy schedule. I loved the appearance this morning it was such a nice addition to my day. I always appreciate the opportunity to honor America.

This weekend I will be in the Detroit Lakes Water Carnival Parade. I am so excited!

I have also included my article from the Focus this week. This one was really special for me this week. :) Enjoy.


Greetings Perham,
            Wow, if you are like my family you are doing everything possible to stay cool in this overwhelming heat. But hey, I am thankful for our short “season” of warmth before the snowflakes fall again. Living in a house with no air conditioning, however, can sometimes be a challenge. Thank goodness I have grandparents who leave on lakes.
            Speaking of family, I have always been one to adore my family. From my wide variety of grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and cousins there sure is never a dull moment. Being in close proximity with my family this summer has been one of my highlights. Over this past week I have learned one important lesson about family. Families have an inseparable bond. Whatever comes their way the power of family can overcome challenges, celebrate success, and share joyfully in idiosyncrasies. There is no such thing as the perfect family. We as individuals define family. I encourage you this week to appreciate your family and embrace them as members of a bigger picture and circle of love. I will always be thankful for my family even in the midst of brokenness, as that is often what draws us together.
            Each and every week I am getting closer to the end of my reign as your Miss Perham 2011. I will be taking each and every minute to soak up the last few weeks and days. I am continually being reminded of the blessings I have experienced firsthand. The Miss Perham Scholarship Program is still seeking contestants for this years pageant. If interested please visit www.perhampageants.org.  I will be at the Turtle Races the next three weeks on Wednesday mornings. Please come visit us on the track. I would love to see each of you! Have a blessed week.
            

Much love, 
Paige 

No comments:

Post a Comment