Sunday, July 15, 2012

Turtle Races, Miss Northwest and EOT Focus

        
My goodness! Where has the time gone!? I know I am a busy lady when my blog becomes about three appearances not just one. Goodness, I am so blessed to have such a wonderful community to become so involved in. :) 


For the past two weeks I have been visiting the Perham International Turtle Races. I sure have a great time. This past week we had 370 races! Wohoo! We even had a racer from France who came to visit. My time at the Turtle Races is a nice break from my demands of 50 hour work weeks. Not to mention seeing familiar faces is quite a joy! 


On Friday I sat in the visiting royalty section at Miss Northwest 2012. As the first runner up at Miss Northwest 2011, it sure was nice to reflect on who the person I was a year ago and how much I have grown as Paige Meyer. Sometimes thinking about it can be overwhelming. The Miss America Organization has helped me understand the direction I want to take in my life. I am so thankful for it. 


Congratulations to my lovely friend, Rebecca Yeh Miss Northwest 2012. Watching Rebecca compete was quite the thrill! Rebecca is such a humble, talented, and stunning young woman. I am so proud of her! 


I decided to include my last article in the EOT. 


Stay tuned! 


Much love,
Paige 


Greetings friends, 
        It sure has been a beautiful couple of weeks and I am glad to say I have been able to get to the lake. I hope you are enjoying the weather and time with friends and family. 
        Last Friday I was scheduled to be involved in the New York Mills Parade. I'll be completely honest, parades can sometimes be a challenge. Appearances that allow personal interactions with individuals often are my highlights. As I drove to New York Mills, just a short 15 minute drive from my home, I was already beginning to think about my plans after the parade. However, little did I know I was in for a little lesson.
        Time flew and before I new it the whistle blew!..and we where off in the streets of NYM. The one characteristic about parades that always stick out to me is the overwhelming amount of people involved. As I strolled the streets waving I saw many faces. Some of these faces were brightened by a smile, filled with fatigue, exemplified shy and nervous twitches, and some where faded with sadness. Each and every person I saw where at the parade for a different reason coming from a vast variety of circumstances. I saw single Mother's holding their children, elderly couples isolated in front of their homes, children who were wandering with no guardian, adults participating in destructive behavior, woman who were wearing head wraps because cancer had rid them from their hair.
        It can become so easy to be consumed by our selfish desires, own worries, own struggles, and own plans that we miss the hurt, joy, and lives that surround us.When I was in NYM on Friday I all most missed it. Going to a parade seems so uneventful in learning a life lesson, but I hope I never miss the opportunities I have to brighten a person's day, even if that does mean waving in a parade. Be sure to make let your smile shine this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment