Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Right Back at It!






A busy week for Miss Perham!!

As many of you know I recently returned from LA. Well, life has not slowed down a bit! However, I am glad that I am in one location!

Last Thursday I began working right away which sent me into another whirlwind at home.

As some of you may know, I have two jobs this summer. However, I like to say I have three! During the week I work at our local grocery store bakery (which gives me a 4:15 am wake up time I must add) as the official donut froster. It sure gives me room to use my creative side. The other half of my week is spent at Productive Alternatives, a nonprofit that works with vulnerable adults, as a program assistant and job coach for our clients. And of course...Miss Perham!

This week's whirlwind has been crazy, but worth every minute.

Last Saturday evening I attended the Miss Brainerd Lakes and Miss Baxter Pageant. Seeing all of my lovely friends from Miss Minnesota was so refreshing. I sure did miss the girls that I got to know so well at Miss MN these last few weeks. Congratulations to Heather Erickson, the new Miss Brainerd Lakes, and Maren Goff the new Miss Baxter. I am eager to see where this year takes the two of you.

On Monday I made a stop at Lakess 99.5 in Perham to record a radio announcement for the Miss Perham Scholarship Pageant coming up on August 10th. I must admit my reign is almost complete. I don't like to use the word "over." Not only does it make me sad, but I know I still have work to "complete" in the Miss America Organization. Thanks to the wonderful and talented Dave Howey he and I recorded a PSA asking for contestants for Miss Perham and the first ever Miss Perham's Outstanding Teen. Dave also helped me edit a track I will be using the night I crown my successor. I am so eager to share what I have planned!

Tuesday afternoon I had one last official photo shoot as Miss Perham at Photo Magic in Perham. Each year they sponsor a photo of the current titleholder in her evening gown after she returns from Miss Minnesota. It felt so good to be all "dolled" up again. I will be seeing the images next week. I can't wait!

This evening, the 4th of July, I had the priveledge to honor America with the National Anthem and God Bless America at the grand opening of Tuffy's Stadium at Kruger Field in Perham. My community has been working on a beautiful project at our local baseball field to renovate the entire atmosphere. I am proud to say the new stadium and field look fabulous. The firework show to conclude the evening was the lace to the baseball! :) A HUGE thanks to all of the donors!

Happy, Happy 4th everyone! I hope you had a blessed day with friends and family. May you continue to be thankful for the people who have given their freedom for yours.

Much love,
Paige

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment