Sunday, May 13, 2012

Home Sweet Home...EOT article


Greetings readers,
            Home sweet home! It is so great to be back in Perham, Minnesota for the summer. Oh, how I missed our community. This past week I started working at the Dean’s Bakery. I’m up bright and early each morning to be there at 5 a.m. to frost donuts. Be sure to stop by and say hi sometime! The job works perfectly with my Miss Perham schedule, especially with preparations continuing for Miss Minnesota.
            I’m not even really quite sure where to begin with this week’s column. I still feel like my head is spinning a bit from finals week and moving out of my dorm room. I had a wonderful last week at college and thoroughly enjoyed my last days with friends and last choir performances for the year. It was a little challenging to leave as I really started to establish relationships and “home” in Jamestown. But I am so thankful to spend quality time with my family and see many of you this summer. Not to mention, let my brain recover from all the learning. What a great school year it has been.
            Miss Minnesota is coming faster than ever and I am working against the clock to wrap up last minute details. I’m really getting excited. I feel like I have said that a lot, but I truly am. It’s going to be quite an adventure. The website is now up and running and I am thrilled to share where you can find it. Head to www.missminnesota.org to meet the fellow ladies I will be competing with. Be sure to also visit the locals page to learn more about Miss Perham. I am also excited to announce that the next Miss Perham pageant is tentatively planned to take place on August 17, 2012. I wonder who our next Miss Perham will be? I can’t wait to see. I know last week I mentioned a blog story about my top 10-15 life lessons I leaned about college. Well, I got them down to 25! If you haven’t visit my blog please do at www.missperham2011.blogspot.com Have a wonderful week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment