Saturday, May 19, 2012

Looking ahead to Miss Minnesota. EOT article.


Hello Perham,
            I hope the Mom’s in our community had a wonderful Mother’s Day. I sure enjoyed the time with my Mom and surprising her a bit here and there. Where would we be without our Mother’s?
            Last Sunday I received the “official” schedule for Pageant Week of Miss Minnesota 2012. Reading through the week made my tummy flutter and to be honest I panicked just slightly as I realized how close it really is. I have been waiting for the Miss Minnesota pageant for months since I was crowned Miss Perham and I can hardly believe it’s almost here! Some of the highlights for the week include a visit to Gilette Children’s Hospital, the Mall of America, Skyline Cosmic Bowling, Original Pancake House, IHOP, and lot’s and lot’s of yummy food! Of course the competition will be the major event of the week!
            As I look ahead to Miss Minnesota I was reminded of an important little lesson. Many times in our life we like to look ahead to the future. We sometimes can find ourselves worrying about what is next, what if this or that happens, or why can’t I decided what my next days will look like. Yes, it is good to look ahead, shoot for goals and dreams, but most importantly remembering that we need to enjoy today. As I make final preparations for Miss Minnesota I will do my best to focus on being satisfied with where things are today and staying calm. I would encourage you to do the same as panic may arise when we realize we don’t always have control of our circumstances. May you be satisfied in your days this week. Many blessings to you my friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment