Wednesday, August 3, 2011

1st Appearance at the International Turtle Races. :) Yes, in Perham, MN!


Mr. Dan Schroeder
                        
Proud heat winner!

Our Semi-final heat winners.
              !

This morning I was up bright and early to..Yes, be at the International Turtle Races! For years, Miss Perham has appeared at the Turtle Races every Wednesday, to congratulate many turtle race winners. And today was my first experience!

I arrived at 9:45 a.m to officially be "trained in" for the job. I was immediately greeted by the Executive Director of the Perham Chamber of Commerce Mr. Dan Schroeder. I was handed a bright yellow shirt and was put to work. I had the opportunity to meet many individuals from across the US and Canada who came to race their turtles. We had 36 heat winners today and it was a blast having a few minutes to greet them!

The most exciting part of my day was seeing the final three semi-final heat winners compete in their final race. Let me tell you, cheers were coming from every direction! My eyes were glued to the outside white line of the track to see which turtle would finish!...at the blow of the whistle our GRAND Champion, Faith and her family were ecstatic!

After the races I had spent some time at the Chamber. I had a great time! I was even offered lunch by Mr. Dan and had a nice visit him. I'm looking forward to next Wednesday, and many more to come, as you will find me at the INTERNATIONAL TURTLE RACES! :)

*Don't forget Miracle Treat Day is just around the corner!..Be sure to stop at your local Dairy Queen and treat yourself to a Blizzard. Part of your proceeds will benefit the Children's Miracle Network.

Check out the East Ottertail Focus Article about the night I was crowned!
http://www.eotfocus.com/event/article/id/18589/group/News/

Blessings!
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment