Sunday, August 21, 2011

New Beginnings! :)



Greetings from Jamestown College everyone! It has been a crazy orientation weekend filled with many experiences and new people. Tomorrow morning I officially begin classes. I am very excited to meet my professors and get to work! I thought I would update you all a bit before this week goes into full swing. :)

First and foremost CONGRATULATIONS to our Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen for being awarded fourth runner up at MOAT. What an accomplishment and great experience for Alexis! :) I look forward to getting some one on one time with her to get the goods. :) Minnesota sure is proud!

I'm not sure if you are a regular reader of the EOT Focus, but I have just begun writing in the paper. My plan is to update all of you every week, not only here, but at the paper. My "Paige's Notes" can range from appearances, updates, and my inspirations, or thoughts of the week. Enjoy!!

As part of my platform I work with an organization called SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions). I am on the SADD National Student Leadership Board with 9 other students from across the United States. This past June I flew to Chicago to attend the National Conference and began my year of service. I will be sure to share my experiences with all of you. :) Be sure to check out the website to learn more about the SLC and SADD. I love this organization and believe wholeheartedly in its message. http:/sadd.org/slc.htm

There are many ways to connect with Tobacco prevention programs in Jamestown. I'm anxious about them!

Here are a few pics from moving into college! You can tell how busy the weekend has been.
Be sure to purchase your EOT Focus this week or check them out online!

Blessings,
Paige


No comments:

Post a Comment