Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Take Two at the Perham Turtle Races!

My family is from TX, CO, and MN. I am so blessed to have an incredible family. 
Pat and Harper. 2nd Place Winners. So great to see you both!

8.9.11 Semi-final winners from left to right. Congrats!
!

Welcome back everyone! I hope you had a great week. I sure have! My entire extended family is together and it has been a blast. :) I appreciate family so much, and my hope is you do as well. It is such a precious gift we have in life. My fabulous family joined me today at the Turtle Races. I was so blessed to have them there. Thanks fam. :)

Today was my second visit to the Turtle Races. I love having the opportunity to meet individuals who come from around the world to visit Perham, Minnesota. Not to mention, the Turtle Race attraction is quite a unique one to see! If you have never made it to Turtle Races, and are in the area, check it out. There are only a few weeks left as races conclude the last week of August. Races begin at 10:30 a.m. 

There were over 330 racers who came out! Our lovely day began with the mayor of Perham, Mr. Tim Meehl, fulfilling a promise he made the beginning of Turtle Racing season. This past July we broke the record in Perham at 557 racers in one day! Tim allowed me to even shave his head, along with his daughter, Kelli and her good friend, Becky. It was quite a hilarious sight. Cameras were everywhere. Races began sharply at 10:30 a.m. It really amazes me how quickly the races go. I always love meeting every heat winner. We had about 34 heat winners today and a very successful final race. Congratulations to all of the semi-final winners! It was great to see your energy and excitement. 

Next week is my last week at Turtle Races before I head to college in Jamestown, ND. Hope to see you there!

I will be busy with several appearances tomorrow and am very excited. Quick REMINDER! Miracle Treat Day is taking place in Perham at the Local Dairy Queen. If you purchase a blizzard treat, part of your proceeds will be donated to the "Children's Miracle Network." I will be in Perham with one of our very special CMN Champions. I hope you come to see us! Tomorrow a new Miss Vergas and Princess Altona will be crowned in Vergas, Minnesota. I'm so excited to meet two new lovely ladies who will be representing the community of Vergas this next year. 

Until next time, 
Many blessings!! 
Paige 

No comments:

Post a Comment