Friday, August 12, 2011

Three for Thursday! Lunch with Rotary, Miracle Treat Day, and the 2011 Miss Vergas and Princess Altona Pageant

Rotary President Phil Holtan and I 

Fudge Family. They are adorable!

It's Miracle Treat Day!

My mini Reese's was fabulous! I was makin' a miracle!

Our Little Miracle Cassidy, making a blizzard.

Cassidy and I 

Queen Haley and Princess Leah one last time. 

Maren Anderson, Princess Altona 2011

Hugs for Kenzi Kovar, Miss Vergas 2011.


Three appearance all in one day! I had an incredible time on Thursday. I was up bright and early to meet with me directors. We had a great time over coffee. Around 11:00 it was time for me to stop at the Perham Dairy Queen to promote Miracle Treat Day. I am honored to not only promote my personal platform this year, but the Miss America Organization Platform of “Children’ s Miracle Network. DQ is a huge supported of CMN as well. Every summer, usually in August, they have Miracle Treat Day, all proceeds from blizzards are donated directly to CMN. I stayed for about an hour and then joined the Perham Rotary for lunch. 


If you have never been to Rotary, it is quite an experience. I always love visiting the dynamic Rotary members. This past spring I was a Student Rotarian and met with them weekly. I was thrilled to get to see many of them again. They gave me the opportunity to formally introduce myself as Miss Perham. I shared a bit about my plans for the fall, and talked about my first few appearances from pageants and parades to the turtle races. 


After my lunch with Rotary I went back to the Dairy Queen. For two hours I had the help of our Little Miracle Cassidy. Cassidy is six years old and is full of laugher, enthusiasm, and excitement even after years of struggling through lukemia. The staff at Dairy Queen put her to work helping with making the miracle treats. Every customer she helped was pure smiles when they left. The EOT Focus came to interview her on site. When I told her she was going to be in the newspaper she immediately yelled to her to her unlce, “Uncle Dennis, I’m gonna be in da newspaper!” She was thrilled. I had the opportunity to speak with her Uncle Dennis and he filled me in with all of the details about her progress and journey. I am truly inspired. I hope you took the time to visit your local DQ to purchase a blizzard. CMN does incredible work for those faced with struggles, and hardships. 


Thursday evening I traveled to Vergas, Minnesota to watch the Miss Vergas and Princess Altona Pageant. As a former Princess Altona (2008) I was brought back to my earliest days in my pageant career. Congratulations to the newly crowned Miss Vergas, Kenzie Kovar and the new Princess Altona, Lauren Anderson. I will be back in Vergas on Sunday for the Looney Days Parade. I’m very excited to make another journey to Vergas! 
Happy Weekend everyone! I will be packing and getting ready for my BIG move to Jamestown where I will be attending college this fall. I am so excited to began this next chapter of my life. I will also be making a few more appearances, and dotting my i’s and crossing my t’s before I leave. 
Love always, 
Paige 

No comments:

Post a Comment