Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Last Day at the Turtle Races (for now..:))

Dedicated volunteers!


Congrats to our winners!

Today I spent my last morning at the Turtle Races before I head to school. It was a beautiful morning. 250 races were with us. You can start to see turtle racing season is nearing it's close. I'm sad I have to wait an entire year for the next season.I have had a great time and have felt so welcomed by my community! I am continually honored to represent you.

Bob, our announcer, asked me to sing a little number on the track this morning. I shared the first verse of Amazing Grace. It was his request! The turtle races got really quiet for a few moments. It was fun to share with everyone which warmed me up for my days in Jamestown, ND. I'm looking forward to my music classes and opportunities at Jamestown College this year! I will be leaving bright and early tomorrow morning to arrive in Jamestown by 8 a.m.

I hope to update you as I my journey as Miss Perham continues. I'll be sure to let you know how move in goes!

P.S. This week my first article in the EOT Focus will be published. Watch out for it. I'll keep you posted.

Much love,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment