Thursday, December 22, 2011

My oh my...duties of a queen continued!



Hello again!

My oh my…the duties of being a queen have kept me busy. On Tuesday my little “Tour of Miss Perham with Miss Perham” continued as I spent 2 hours with the 4th graders in Perham. As part of their holiday week at school that had stations set up Tuesday morning to emphasize different things. I was one of the stations and enjoyed the many things I learned from the 4th graders! Their charismatic attitudes, contagious laugher, and spontaneity left me encouraged and thankful for the time I had with them.

After spending time with the 4th graders I decided to visit my lovely second grader teacher, Mrs. K. She was excited to see her little “angel” and I was thrilled to visit her kindergarteners. I took out my crown for them and all of the little girls where thrilled to try it on. I must say, we even had little kings in the room. It was great to visit with them as well.

That afternoon I visited some second grades at the Heart of the Lakes Elementary. After reading them a Christmas story they had all kinds of questions for me. They wanted to know why I had a “white thing” across my body. I told them it was my name tag. They also wanted to know who gave me the “sparkly crown” and how I got it. I took my crown off and passed it around. They were surprised at how heavy it was. Their smiles were priceless!

This morning I had a surprise appearance at the new hospital in Perham. I enjoyed a lovely lunch with Perham Rotary and Christmas music from the PHS Swing Choir right in the beautiful entrance of the Perham hospital. Gina, my director, and I toured the hospital. We were both astounded at the intricate details of every department. The state of the art technology and care was evident in every part of the hospital. It is exciting to know that Perham Health will be saving many, many lives. I am proud of this new addition in our community. Perham Health will open in January of 2012.

After many hours of rehearsals Patrick Murphy and I are going to unveil our Christmas Music at the Mall of America tomorrow morning at 10 am in the Best Buy Rotunda. I can’t wait!!

3 more days until Christmas!

Much love,
Paige 

No comments:

Post a Comment