Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My oh my!...The Duties of a Queen :)

Hello readers!

Wow! It has been a crazy few days since I have arrived home. Here is a quick update to share what I have been up to.

Last Thursday morning morning I finished my last final at Jamestown College. I had a successful first semester and I am looking forward to second semester. It's been quite a character building experience. On Friday I celebrated my 19th Birthday! I spent a day with family and friends and used every free minute to relax and enjoy the day.

Saturday I headed to the Twin Cities to attend Natalie Davis, Miss Minnesota's, send-off party to Miss America. I am so excited to see how Natalie does! I know she will represent our state well on the Miss America stage. Be sure to stay tuned to ABC on January 14th to watch the competition! Sunday, I spent a few hours at my favorite business in Perham "The Wild Goose." I was there sampling chocolates and visiting with customers. It felt great to be back.

Today I spoke with 300 kids from the Perham Area about not smoking. I covered ages from 3rd grade, 9th, and K-6. Every time I have the opportunity to speak I am fascinated by the different people I encounter. They all have so many unique stories. One that never fails is that they know someone who smokes, making the message of my platform so relatable for everyone. My main theme today was get my audience members thinking about the things they love, and how they would need to make good decisions to achieve their goals and develop their talents! The dynamic of age groups always keep me on my toes while presenting! I had a fabulous time. After 3 hours of speaking and 300 kids later I spent an hour visiting with customers at the Station House in Perham. I enjoyed and interesting conversation with the "Red Hat Ladies" and even met people who knew who I was from my EOT articles. It's crazy how small our world is!

Tomorrow morning I will be spending time with the fourth graders at the Heart of the Lakes Elementary. Can't wait to share how it goes!

My oh my!..the duties of a queen! are keeping me busy! I'm loving every minute of it!

Much love,
Paige





No comments:

Post a Comment