Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 4 and 1st PRELIM at Miss Minnesota!










First and foremost I most apologize for not getting these blogs out a bit sooner. However, these last few days have been so busy and my sleep has been much needed.

Day Four was a day filled with great food. Our first exciting stop was at The Original Pancake House. Here I had my first ever pumpkin pancakes. There were so fabulous. It was almost like experiencing an early Thanksgiving desert! I also enjoyed a magical cup of coffee. I say magical because it really did work some magic to wake me up.

After breakfast we (22 contestants plus chaperones) made our way to the Eden Prairie Performing Arts Center to do last minute run-throughs of production details. After several hours of narrowing down all of the details we enjoyed a lovely greek lunch. My they feed us well!

Lunch proceeded with more rehearsals and then once again it was time to eat! This time at Buca's a lovely little Italian restaurant that has the best pasta and deserts. The contestants and I enjoyed the family style atmosphere and shared quite a bit of laughs.

Wednesday evening was a day of preparation as interviews were held Thursdays morning. I had an incredible workout to get rid of some carbs, settle my mind, and reflect on the week. I headed to bed quite early Wednesday to be sure I was well rested for interview.

FIRST DAY of PRELIMS was Thursday beginning bright and early with interviews. The entire day was spent at the theatre preparing for different areas of competition and taking it easy. I so appreciate the extra time I was able to have just to relax and focus.

I had a wonderful time at the first night of prelims. I showcased my Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit and my Evening Gown. It was an incredible experience to stand on the stage, finally, as a contestant for the title of Miss Minnesota. It sure was a thrill! Visitation was held after the show and I was so thankful to see my Mom, directors, friends from college, and fellow pageant family members. I am so blessed!

Stay tuned and much love,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment