Sunday, June 17, 2012

"The Rest" of my journey at Miss Minnesota 2012.




Today as I write this blog I sit at home after a long week of dedication, hard work, and extreme inspiration. I am still overwhelmed by all of the emotions from pageant week and am so thrilled to share the rest of my experiences I had during the last few days of competition.

On Friday (2nd night of prelims) I shared my onstage question and talent. It sure was an exciting night. I was so happy with my performances and thankful there were no major glitches. Much of Friday was spent relaxing and enjoying our preparations for the pageant and sharing in fellowship. 

Saturday morning, myself and the 21 other contestants shared a Farewell Brunch with our Miss Minnesota Natalie Davis. I was so happy to see my Mom, pageant director Gina, and good friends who came to share the morning with me. After a week of having little contact with the people you love it is such a relief to see them. I almost felt like I was at college again. ;) The brunch was so inspiring as many individuals shared what they loved about Natalie. I am still astounded by her dedication to the job of Miss Minnesota. It was so nice to get to know her even more this week. Congratulations again, Natalie. 

Saturday marked the final night of competition with the crowning of Miss Minnesota 2012. I was so nervous before the show began as I knew my journey on the Miss Minnesota stage could possibly come to an end. As I awaited the announcement of the Top Ten I was at peace until, I was still waiting to discover my fate after the ninth girl had been called. When my name was called as the final finalist I was so relieved. Immediately after the announcement was made a whirlwind began as I competed in every phase of competition again. The final night was the best physical, mental, and spiritual workout I have had in quite some time. It was incredible!

Before I knew it the time had come to crown our next Miss Minnesota. As I stood with the Top Ten finalists for Miss Minnesota I was so proud of how far we had all come. As each runner up was called I was so at peace. Even though I was not called as a top five finalist I had the great priviledge and honor to    stand beside Siri Freeh as she was named Miss Minnesota 2012. She had me in tears! The experience was incredibly moving and will forever be thankful for who truly holds her heart. She deserves an astounding amount of love and support as our Miss Minnesota. I am so excited for you, Siri! 

After the pageant I was reunited with my roommate Taylor and friend Jessica, as well as my Mom and Dad, cousin Cassie, and many friends. And oh my the tears flowed! The blessings I experienced this past week were in such magnitude and I am forever grateful for them. 

Even though pageant week is now over I still have a job left to do as your Miss Perham. The rest of my summer will be spent representing my community with poise, class, and integrity. The experiences I have had at Miss Minnesota this past week will be with me always. I am confident my journey in the Miss America Organization is not yet completed. I look forward to discovering the plans the Lord has for me. I know He will continue to be faithful as I search for where my next steps need to be made. I carry such excitement for the new adventures that await me. 

A magnified thank you to every person who has encouraged me this past week. It has been so overwhelming to experience. I thank God each and every day for each of you. Please know I will carry your love with me always not only as a Miss Minnesota contestant, but as Paige Meyer. 

Much love, 
Paige 

No comments:

Post a Comment