Monday, June 18, 2012

EOT article "Miss Minnesota Reflections"


To my dear community of Perham,
            I have just recently returned from an incredibly moving experience at Miss Minnesota 2012. I write this week as a Top Ten finalist and I couldn’t be more thankful for the entire journey. My week at Miss Minnesota was unforgettable. I came home with 21 more friends than before I left, a new focus, new outlook, and lots of encouragement. I was challenged, uplifted, and thrown into a whirlwind of experiences I couldn’t even imagine. As I stood on the Miss Minnesota stage I was so overwhelmed by the amount of genuine integrity that was demonstrated by my fellow contestants. A huge congratulations to the Lake Park native and our new Miss Minnesota, Siri Freeh. I had the incredible honor to stand by her side as she was named Miss Minnesota 2012. It was unbelievable. Even though I did not come home as Miss Minnesota I still find great pride and joy in finishing my year as Miss Perham 2011. I know my journey in the “pageant world” and in my community has not come to an end. I look forward to the days ahead as your representative. To see more of my reflections from Miss Minnesota week you can visit my blog at missperham2011.blogspot.com to learn more.
            As many of you know Turtle Fest is now in session! Be sure to head to the turtle park this Friday to race your turtle. The big parade is also this Friday! It is always so exciting to see the people Turtle Fest draw in. I hope you take full advantage of the opportunities to enjoy Perham this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment